July 17, 2017
Site Supervisor Well established construction company in Hamilton is expanding! We are looking for a highly skilled and personable Site Supervisor with strong work ethics that can meet tight timelines and interact with homeowners/trades. The site supervisor is primarily responsible for controlling all of the daily operations on the job site. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing laborers and trades, maintenance of the construction schedule, scheduling installations and delivery of supplies as well as cost and quality control. General Responsibilities include:
- Consult with construction department and trades regarding amendments and change
- Coordinate the daily activities of site staff, trades and subcontractors, and take necessary
- Daily walk through of homes and site, ensuring trades are complying with site rules with respect
- Schedule site inspections with City/Town representatives and all other professionals up to
- Monitor the performance of trades/sub-trades to ensure all work is completed on time and
- Monitor for trade deficiencies and ensure repairs are scheduled prior to final completion.
- Ensure a PO is issued and signed off for all site deliveries and work performed
- Submit all paperwork such as PO's, invoices, mileage logs, etc. to Head Office on a weekly basis.
- Communicate regularly with Construction Manager ensuring work is completed as per specs and flag any major delays or concerns.
- Maintain site safety at all times and enforce the company safety policy and rules.
- Ensure that all employees, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers are in full compliance with HBD safe work place standards.
- Work with the Safety Representative to maintain a safe work environment. Investigate and report all accidents to Head Office.
- Maintain all safety binders and paperwork in accordance with Work Safety Regulations
- Actively participate in all health and safety meetings.
- Ensure employees have required training and competent to perform tasks in a safe prior to commencement of work.
- Completion of high school
- Minimum 3 years of residential home - Must have valid WHMIS, Working At Heights and First-Aid/CPR training
- Good knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction and/or repair of houses and buildings.
- Valid class G driver's license The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills — both verbal and written. They will have the ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems. He/she will be able to lead and coordinate a group of people in an organized and professional manner. A proven decision-maker capable of working well under pressure (particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays), they will have the ability to take a large scale project from start to finish.