February 5, 2020
Construction LaborerWell established Construction company is looking for skilled General Laborers with experience in Residential and Commercial construction. You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience, have a valid driver’s license and own transportation. You are familiar with WHIMIS, WAH and Health and Safety standards. Working in a fast-paced environment on various building sites, you will provide support and assist skilled people such as concrete formers / finishers, carpenters, bricklayers, demolition experts, drywallers, and other trades. The position of skilled construction laborer consists of routinely performing higher level tasks involving physical labor. Operating hand and power tools of all types, cleaning and preparing sites, digging trenches, carrying wheel barrow loads of earth, soil and aggregates, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up rubble and debris, carrying and or installing various building materials. You have a good attitude, work well with others and are up for the challenge of advancing yourself through a hard work ethic and an attention to detail. You see yourself as the type of person who can get the job done. Pay will be based on work experience.
- 3 years experience within the general construction industry
- Proven problem solving techniques to make decisions when planning and organizing tasks
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Abstract preferred
- Fall protection, First Aid, WHMIS an asset
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Familiar with basic tools and their use