Estimator / Contracts Manager
April 13, 2018
Homes By DeSantis is expanding! We are proud to announce that we are undergoing growth and change and we are looking for exceptional people.
Celebrating its 50th year, Homes By DeSantis is a premium production homebuilder that provides customization. Our homes have premium finishing’s, meticulous workmanship, and thoughtful designs, for value-conscious buyers.
Headquartered in Stoney Creek, the company builds award winning homes for the Hamilton/Halton/Niagara region’s discerning homebuyers – where design excellence, affordability, and personalized care are valued.
The company operation spans the full spectrum of home building: from land acquisition to serviced lots; from community planning to architectural home designs; from project openings to flexible décor choices; from quality construction to closing services. All of which, require superior customer service.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working as an Estimator/Contracts manager, handling multiple projects at the same time and meeting tight timelines. He/she must be well versed in contractual agreements and will be responsible for the processing and maintenance of the construction file documents, preparing bid packages and managing the trade tendering process.
Basic Functions and Skills:
- Involved in design review of new development sites and projects
- Coordinate and manage correspondence to/from municipalities and affiliated consultants
- Do project take-offs of project scopes of works.
- Create/add/update unit rate costing to data base for more efficient and current estimating.
- Look at proposing value engineering ideas for cost saving measures on the design and construction.
- Introduce/update database with new and existing suppliers and subcontractors to the company.
- Find vendors to participate in lunch/learns with staff for educational and new products in the market.
- Issue, review & recommend subcontractors based on tenders for individual project scopes
- Participate and issue the award of the project contracts.
- Visit sites on a weekly basis to make sure projects are being built as per awards with subcontractors
- Prepare draft construction schedules and monitor site progress and changes with field supervision.
- Must have knowledge with Microsoft software tools/AutoCad.
- Must be familiar and fluent in construction and working with subcontractors and consultants.
- Must be confident in their communication and comfortable asking questions; both internally and externally.
- Must have a minimum college degree in an architectural technology, construction or engineering field related to the position and role.